Friday, October 4, 2013

Liebster Awards: Nominations and Questions


Hi guys!
Kyendwarrior here:)
So I've been nominated for the Liebster Award.   (With a little googling, I found out Liebster means "dearest."  Daww ;) Isn't that cute?)  This award is a way to help blogs with less than 200 followers to expand their audience.  

The rules are: 
Link back the blogger that tagged you
Nominate 10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
Ask 10 questions for the blogger you nominate
Let your nominees know of their award

So, to get started:  A GINORMOUS thank you cake (blue o'course!) to Sofia at Take a Walk on the Write Side for nominating me!:) 

My answers:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
    I've always loved reading and- of course!- fangirling about them.  Then I found this nifty little site called Goodreads and met other people who were just as crazy about books as I was ( and here I thought I- the Bookmaniasaurus-was the last of her kind!), and many of them did this thing called "blogging."  I thought it sounded pretty cool-and a fun way to share my love of books with people ;)- so I started to try to this blogging thing, and here I am!:)



2. From where do you usually get your books (library, local bookstore, amazon...)?
   If I can, I get books from the library.  If I really love a book, I buy them online at amazon.  PRINTED BOOKS FOREVER<3! (...but I will admit  that sometimes my impatience gets a hold of me and *gasp* I buy a ebook. *hangs head in shame*)

3. What book has influenced your current tastes the most?
    Gosh! This is a hard one:).  I would have to say the Percy Jackson series because it officially started my fantasy mania, which for some reason led to my contemporary craze, and now, I gobble up anything with words! 

4.What's your favorite thing about blogging so far?
   All the people I meet and interact with! There's nothing more fun than finding someone who loves the same books as you do and when you start babbling about that ending in the Mark of Athena- THEY UNDERSTAND.

5.  Have you ever read a book that you wish you had written? If yes, which one?
    To be honest, I've never read a book that I wish I had written because then I would know the endings.  I mean, it's not like I can put a spoiler tag on myself (I WISH!). :)

6. What's the one thing you can't stand in a book?
    CARDBOARD CHARACTERS.  I can excuse the info dumping.  I can excuse the lack of info.  I can handle (okay, only if the character grows throughout the novel/it turns out the character's actually a softy) if the guy/girl is a jerk.  I can even excuse insta- love (on a good day- which are far and few, and with the increasing amount of books using this plot device, my patience is starting to wear thin...).  But CHARACTERS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONALITY?   I HATE WITH A BURNING PASSION.  I mean, a whole purpose of the book is, yes, the plot, but also getting to know the characters, to bond with them, to laugh with them, to root for them, to have your heart ripped to tiny little shreds when something happens to them.  But when they have no "character" (Is this a pun? I don't think it's a pun, but I want to say this anyway.  PUN INTENDED), that's impossible. 

7. Do you have any weird reading habits?
     When there's a really good part in a story, I tend to start unconsciously  acting the scene out.  I get so into it that I've been told  I start making weird facial expressions and literally twitching and gesturing as if I was a character in that book.  It's okay when I'm at home (my family is used to it by now... I think), but when I'm in a public place (say the library at my school yesterday morning at table 3), this tends to get awk-ward. 

8. With which fictional character do you identify the most? 
    I would love to say Annabeth, but that's a total lie.  I wouldn't last a day in her shoes (or her brain, for that matter).  I think I identify the most with Junie B. Jones.  Remember her? She's AWESOME.  A few weeks back I was hit with nostalgia ( VHS Disney!), and I started reading the Junie B. Jones books again.  I know, I know, they're for little kids (and she's a first grader...), but re-reading them now is seriously like reading a diary of my inner thoughts.  She's crazy, she's quirky, she's friendly, and when she gets excited (or in general), she uses bad grammar! :)

9.  Favorite book(s)? 
   The Bible!:)  That's my fav. nonfiction book.  Within the Bible, I really love the book of Romans.   
  For fiction...  
    PERCYJACKSONPERCYJACKSONPERCYJACKSONPERCYJACKSONPERCYJACKSON.
Then I guess there are other books like There You'll Find Me, Unwind, The Fault in Our Stars, Flipped, Flowers for Algernon, To Kill a Mockingbird, Hattie Big Sky, and the Gregor Overlander series, but those are irrelevant compared to Percy Jackson.  Every other fiction book  is irrelevant compared to Percy Jackson. 

10. What's your favorite book adaptation (in any media: movies, TV, theater...)?
      Ooo this is a hard one.   I can definitely tell you which one is NOT my favorite adaption (the Percy Jackson series).   But for the one I really liked, I would have to say... To Kill a Mockingbird (the black and white version).  It was very faithful to the book.  (Forest Gump is close, but TKAM was more like the book, which I absolutely adored! ) 

My nominations!

The Gothic Ballerina 
Books A to Z
To Read or Not to Read?
Books and Books
Sharon's Book Nook!
Books, Movies, and Me
The Paper Sea
Books of Love
My Fiction Nook
PaperGrey 

My Questions:
1.  *Poof!* A genie appeared in front of you!  He can grant you three wishes- but they must all be wishes related to books! What three things would you wish for?
2.  What book (s) do you wish more people knew about?
3.  Favorite authors and favorite books from said authors?
4.  Any books you wish had a sequel?  How about books that you wish were stand-alones?  Why?
5.  What do you think of multiple point-of-view novels?
6.  First book character crush?
7.  Favorite classical novels?
8.  What was the first book that sparked your book-lovin' soul?
9.  Favorite genres?
10.  Favorite childhood books?

:) 

No comments: